- Gethin Anthony discusses in an Access Hollywood interview Renly Baratheon’s shocking exit, his co-stars, and whose on-screen deaths he thought were better. Gethin also shares what’s up next for him, and who his imaginary Game of Thrones band members would be in this video interview.
HBO really wanted to cast me in the first season, and I auditioned for a character but then I got another pilot. They loved my audition so much that when this character Xaro Xhoan Daxos came up, they called.
- In a long interview with the Huffington Post, Emilia Clarke explains how helpful it was to bond with scale models and discusses Daenerys’s mindset in season 2.
Every member of her family has died, ultimately. She knows there is no one, and she has this absolutely glorious image of her father. You completely see this in the books: There is this man that she looks up to and she’s desperate to hear about. Her brother, Viserys, didn’t tell her how it was, about the the history of the world, let alone the history of their family. But I think she enjoyed hearing the stories about her family, because there is no one else around her.
- Alfie Allen talks to the Big T about fame, sex scenes, and Theon’s complicated family dynamics and loyalty issues.
I think he wants to go back and be a prince, because he’s been around Robb Stark and Ned Stark for years, so I think he’s felt like he deserves a place in that sort of high-born society. So when he goes back I don’t think his intentions are actually bad, it’s just because the rejection he gets from his family and the humiliation that he kind of just makes the wrong decisions.
- Amrita Acharia shares with HitFix how much of a mastery of Dothraki she has and her vampire obsession. She also had this to say about Irri’s romance with Rakharo:
That was a surprise for us. I thought it was nice. I think it’s great that even when you do have a minor character, they still have a backstory and David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] are so good at making that come alive as well. That was really fun to play around with and I think it really gave Irri a different dimension as well. It’s kinda like a schoolgirl mentality, that you have to be horrible to the boy that you really, really like, because that’s how you play the game. I think people enjoyed it. I enjoyed it.
- Gemma Whelan is featured in this week’s Thronecast interview, discussing her role as Yara Greyjoy, including her audition process.
- Eugene Simon reveals insight into the character of Lancel Lannister in a SPOILER-filled interview with E!Online. Again, this article contains *SPOILERS* about Lancel’s relationships in season 2 and also about episode 9 of S2, “Blackwater.”
- Isaac Hempstead-Wright shares with ThreeIfBySpace.net his thoughts on Bran’s challenges in season 2 and what other character he would’ve liked to play besides Bran Stark.
- Zap2It has a short interview with Maisie Williams up that is worth checking out as well.